Motorola RAZR "Android - Nokia - WinMobile - World Pc - Console"

I've got complete access to the Maxx file system via the handset!, Accessing the Maxx file system using only the handset - no PC connection needed

« Older   Newer »
Maddcow
view post Posted on 13/5/2007, 09:04

Hi all. I've managed to gain access to the Maxx file system using a combination of a flash/system files download that I found, and a file manager midlet. PhoneMan and MiniCommander work well, but does anyone know how to turn off or remove the read/write permission requests? Neither PhoneMan or MiniCommander are signed midlets and the requests are driving me nuts!

Is there any way at all to bypass the signing of PhoneMan, or some other way to get rid of the read/write permission requests? Or, is there a signed file manager midlet around that would work on the Maxx??

Here are some instructions to allow access to the Maxx file system via the handset

INSTRUCTIONS
FLASHING THE .HS FILE AND COPYING THE INCLUDED FILES TO THE MAXX:
1) Extract the files from the linked "Java Permissions flash + system files by tato.rar" file
2a) Flash the Unlocked_Java_Permission_FT_Edition.hs file to the Maxx using RSD Lite OR
2b) Use P2K Commander to copy the other included files in the attachment to the relevant Maxx \a\mobile\certs\root\x509\ folder (see list of files below)
3) Reboot the handset then install and run the File Manager midlet

The included files that may be copied manually using P2K Commander should be:
kjava folder:
j2me_domain_registry.sm
jvp_3rd.crt
tmemea_3rd.crt
tmemea_oper.crt

ssl folder:
entrust.crt
fotarootca.crt
gte_cyber.crt
rsa.crt
thwate.crt
thwateprem.crt
verisign_cls3.crt
verisign_g2.crt
verisign_g3.crt

MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP THE CONTENTS OF THESE 2 FOLDERS FIRST BEFORE COPYING OVER THESE FILES!!!!

When you've completed the above, install and run a file manager midlet. I've found that PhoneMan is one of the best so far.

Edited by Maddcow - 14/5/2007, 13:07

view post Posted on 13/5/2007, 11:03

Master Member

Group:

Thanks

Web  Top
chipero
view post Posted on 13/5/2007, 11:52

Cool news.

Artemide_
view post Posted on 14/5/2007, 08:55

Perhaps it needs to set manually permissions for new certificates directly from the phone, clicking on Settings --> Security --> Certificate Mgmt --> Root Certificate --> status. You could check this settings after adding a new certificate. And it could be useful discover how Gateway server works, it's under "Server cert" at the same level of "Root certificate". There is a file with Gateway settings, I don't remember the exact location (/a/ - /a/mobile - /a/mobile/system) .
Excuse me if all that is still known. Cheers

Forse bisogna impostare manualmente i permessi per i nuovi certificati, direttamente dal telefono andando in Impostazioni --> Sicurezza --> Gestione certificato --> Certificato primario --> Stato. Potreste controllare queste impostazioni dopo aver aggiunto il nuovo certificato. E potrebbe essere utile scoprire come funziona il Gateway server, č sempre sotto "Gestione certificato". C'č anche un file con le impostazioni per il Gateway, non ricordo esattamente dove (/a/ - /a/mobile - /a/mobile/system) .
Chiedo scusa in anticipo se tutto questo dovesse essere giā noto, ma non ho seguito la questione java :0012eg5.gif:

view post Posted on 24/5/2007, 20:06

Expert Member

Group:

ma funziona allora???? ci sono novitā??

Maddcow
view post Posted on 25/5/2007, 14:55

I've revised this quite a bit. I can enable access to the Maxx filesystem simply by copying over the j2me_domain_registry.sm file. I also now use FileChanger and MiniCommander to completely access system files on each of \a\b\e, including the ability to edit, delete, overwrite, copy and paste ANY file. For some files, I use P2K Commander to change the file attributes in advance so that active system files can also be overwritten.

However, this also enables me to change mma's on the fly via handset only so that I can swap between any version of normal skin, between split skins, and also between both normal and split skins! And I can do this in less than 30 seconds using FileChanger! I also store all of my split skin icons in separate folders on either \b or \e and can simply change split skin main menu icons by renaming the desired skin folder name to ICON. First, I rename the current ICON folder to the skin name, and then rename another icon folder to ICON.....and then change the skin via the Personalise menu. Simple.

Changing mmas is as simple as opening FileChanger, selecting an mma in whichever dedicated folder you've set up, and then selecting "Apply". It doesn't matter what the mma's named as FileChanger will rename the file to mma_ucp for you and also back up the old mma in this format: mma_ucp.old. So, my MMA folder is on \b and has about 10 different mma's that I can swap between. Of course, I could have also store separate mma's for every single skin that I use if I wanted to! Some mma examples I use are: mma_ucp-split skin, mma_ucp-normal skin, mma_ucp-customised Symbian etc.

5 replies since 13/5/2007, 09:04   2637 views