~ The Wonders of the Animal World, Hekŕte

« Older   Newer »
Evelyn Bellard
view post Posted on 5/3/2013, 19:28

Evelyn Bellard

I woke up late. It was Sunday. It was finally Sunday. That glorious day I was waiting for. I got up and I looked out of the window in my dormitory. The sun was shining in the sky like it was tired to be covered from the clouds that had been there during all the winter. The snow that had colored each corner of Hogwarts's park till the day before, was slowly melting to water and I, refreshed from a good night's sleep, was in a good mood. I got dressed and before I could even realise what I was doing, I descended the stairs and arrived in the Great Hall. Breakfast was, like every day of the year, very pleasant and I couldn't help keeping that smile on my face, even when I found that my favourite jam was finished. What could I do, then? My mind kept saying that I had to do my homework for the following day, but I didn't even listen to it, and, guided by strange thinkings, I realised that I didn't ever go to the zoo without doing bad encounters. So, it was decided. After a few minutes I was already on my way to the park, wand in my jeans, and I was thinking about what I would have seen, about all the animals that lived there and about the shows that they would be doing at the time of my arrival. My mind ran wild and I totally lost the track of time...

And there I was. I entered the zoo when it was about 15 o' clock. I had lunch on my way, stopping in a Muggle's bar, near the Zoo. I was very hot, but I didn't mind it: after all the cold that I beared during the winter, on the contrary, I was very pleased to feel that way. I caught my map, though knowing exactly where I wanted to go: it was near the entry, the marquee i was looking for. I knew that, at that very time, was taking place the show called "The wonders of the animal world", a wonderful thing that i had never seen, but had always interested me. But it was already started, so I walked very fast through the crowd, dodging the people and getting nearer to my destination. From the marquee number 18 was already coming a loud noise, sign that the show had begun. So I move on, trying not to be seen, and I took place in the tribune. Some people near me protested because I forced them to stand, but when I sat down, everything returned normal. I was very curious to see what was in the show...

Here we are! Ti prego, correggimi se noti degli errori...

Hekŕte
view post Posted on 6/3/2013, 17:57

It was the first day of the Easter Break and the streets were crowded of young people; groups of tourists were taking photoes of the landscape near the Thames looking at the water shaking some metres below.
I was walking too, thinking to the feeling of free the city gave me. I wanted to relax and to forget for a couple of hours students, castle, homeworks, tests, plants and work; in the last months I have spent nights working since I had become Headmaster Assistent and I needed a little time for me. For one day I wanted to waste time hanging out in the streets and visiting the city as a normal Muggle do in his freetime.
When I was near the city zoo, sunshines hit me and I had to cover my eyes with a hand; in that moment I saw something strange and interesting: and old paper which flattered in the air and arrived just in my right hand.

“Welcome to the London Magic Zoo”
Map of Attractions

At first I looked around to see if someone have noticed me, but no one seemed to have seen anything. I opened the map now and I understood that only a wizard could have lost it. I have never heard about a magic zoo in London and I was very curious to discover more about it.
On the bottom of the paper there were some directions to reach the zoo and I decided to go there to spend the morning. After a few minutes I arrived and I stopped in the entrance, staring to a group of young people who was making too noise and reading the map. I did it several times seemed to be unable to decide what to do but finally after some minutes I put it into the bag and I went to the awning to see one of the daily wonderful shows.
It was full and it was difficult to find a seat, but at the end I have found one very far from me. In the next two minutes I said more “sorry” and “excuse me” than in my entire life until I reached it and sit near a young, blonde girl. I looked at her with a faint smile

”I’m sorry”
And I sweared to myself it would be the last one.

Here we are. Tu mi sopravvaluti, Evelyn, anzi, perdona il pessimo post. :fru:

Evelyn Bellard
view post Posted on 25/4/2013, 18:49

Evelyn Bellard

I was just arrieved at one of the last places there were, when a woman sat next to me, saying sorry. My attention was concentrated on the wonderful show the animals were starting: infact I didn't recognize immediately who was that woman. I said a distract and carefree "Don't worry", while turning slowly to her, to face my new neighbour. I couldn't be wrong, then: that long and dark hair, those deep green eyes... It was Margaret Elisabeth Nefer Wiggley-Aton, my Erbology professor. I was a bit embrassed for the way I had spoken to her, but I didn't shown it. At least I tried... I remembered the first lesson with her. I needed the whole first year to learn her name, and still I had to think about it before it could come to my mind. That was very long, but I never asjed her why she was called like that. Maybe that was he right chance. I didn't really ever spoke to her out of the classroom, reason why I wasn't exactly at my ease. But there was always a first time. Anyway, as a storm of red phoenix flew over the stage, doing extraordinary coreography with thier magical colours, I spoke to my teacher, hoping she recognized me, but quite sure she would.
Oh, good morning, professor! Enjoying the show?Wonderful animals, the phoenix, aren't they?
I said, smiling, breaking the "silence". The crowd wasn't really quiet, but it wasn't hard to speak. I kept looking at the birds, now writing some strange letters and simbols, but I was ready to hear professor's answer, happy to had met someone interesting like her.

Scusa il ritardo >.<

Hekŕte
view post Posted on 6/5/2013, 14:34

A red phoenix flew into the air and reached the stage and the reaction of the enchanted audience was only a single word: “Oooooh”. I was suprised too, of course, but it wasn’t my first meeting with that animal so I could keep control better than others.
Since I was arrived I haven’t gave a look to the people near me, but when the blonde girl at my right said something I finally noticed her. Even if she knew my name, I didn’t recognise her, supposing she was one of my student, with the certain that she wasn’t a Slytherin.

“Wonderful animals, dear. Before discovering the existence of Hogwarts and the magic world, I thought that nothing could defeat the Death, but when I read on my Care book about the existence of the phoenix I understood I was wrong.”
In that moment, the Phoenix was drawing strange simbols in the air, becoming older than the minutes before, and, at the end, it died spreading ashes on the stage.
“If you can image something, it is possible”
The phoenix rose again from its ashes and flew away fixing us with a sort of smile.

Evelyn Bellard
view post Posted on 29/6/2013, 21:58

I coludn't help myself from following the crowd in the loud "Oooh" that rose on the marquee while the phoenix flew over the stadium. Suddenly, when the teacher answer my question, I had the impression that she didn't recognise me at all, by the way she didn't even say my name. Anyway, it wasn't important in that moment. I would have said my name as soon as he finished speaking, but something else caught my attention. The big red birds were becoming older and older, when, suddenly, they burst into flames, as milion of ashes fell down, piling up on the floor. I remained with my mouth opened for a while, staring at the ashes impressed and curious. They couldn't have made a show that ended like that, it was impossible.
I was going to turn to watch my teacher's expression, when she said something I couldn't immediately understand. Then, from the ashes, some little bird's heads rose quietly, twittering a moan. Now I could understand professor Wiggley. When had just happened was fantastic, something I could never imagine. For a little moment, I stood motionless, then I spoke again to my teacher.
I wish it could always be true...
I said it. Didn't konw why I did, but I said it. I stopped a moment, trying to think about something to say before miss Wiggley could answer again and fast, hopefully I asked her. My thoughts was sad to say, but it was true. If everything was possible, then there would be no death, there would be no sorrow nor pain...
Do you really think this, professor?

Hekŕte
view post Posted on 5/9/2013, 17:11

“Of course, why wouldn’t I do that?”
I have fixed her for some second trying to imagine the meaning behind her question, when I finally understand and I answered her with a cryptic smile
“Oh, wait a moment. I didn’t say: everything is possibile, because I know it isn’t. I only have the believing that sometimes our immagination knows reality better than our minds”
While some wizards dressed with strange, red costumes appeared on the stage with some owls, I have thought for a moment to the consequences of that I had just told her. What world would be the one in which there isn’t death or pain or justice or law and everything, both animal and plants, can live forever. Perhaps a very young, hopeless world.
In that moment lots of chocolate coins fell on us, bringing by the owls, and, for some moment, everyone was too busy with them to keep attention on something else.

5 replies since 5/3/2013, 19:28   137 views