Bay City's Friends - Il Forum Internazionale degli amici di Paul, David Antonio e di Starsky & Hutch

Hurt/Comfort

« Older   Newer »
bayforever
icon6  view post Posted on 3/10/2005, 15:19

Hi Huggy! It's me again here at the Pits to talk with you and my forum's friends about our guys...

I was thinking...that one of the things that you read more often about "Starsky and Hutch" is that there are so many hurt/comfort scenes... I mean scenes where one of our two heros is hurting (physically or emotionally) and the other one comforts him, providing that comfort, that caring, that love, that only them, best friends and partners, can give to each other.

We can see it very well in one of the most beautiful episodes of the series:

"A coffin for Starsky",

where Hutch comforts Starsky, who is in pain, holding him tight in one of the sweetest gesture I've ever seen:

user posted image

And we can see it also in "Gillian", in another of the most wonderful, moving scene: Hutch is desperate, and find comfort in Starsky's arms: I've never seen something like this on tv:

user posted image

user posted image

I really love hurt/comfort scenes, because in them you can see all the caring that our guys have for each other.

I was wondering, wich are the hurt/comfort scenes in "Starsky & Hutch" that you can remember or that you like most.
And I mean not only those where there is a physical contact, but also those where one comfort the other with words, with a gesture, or maybe also with a joke to ease the pain...

wub.gif

Edited by bayforever - 3/10/2005, 16:21

cabrillokid
view post Posted on 7/10/2005, 13:22

CITAZIONE
"or maybe also with a joke to ease the pain..."

Ye, I have one.
Here one of dialog that I love between Starsky and Hutch from “a coffin for Starsky” where Hutch try to distract Starsky who is scared about his “near-death”.

H: How are you doing, huh?
S: I am scared

Concerne look and then with a sweet smile

H: Well, I don’t know what there is to be scared about. We’ve still got seven hours
S: Oh, that’s right. Just enough time to catch the double bill of the Rivoli and finish that book I was reading

Hutch’s laugh

H: Well, we know it’s not Bellamy and we kown it’s not Janos. All we’ve gotta do is to find Wedell.
S: Only he ain’t turning up. We got a whole police force looking in this city and he ain’t showing.
H: That’s because you and me aren’t on the streets. As soon as we get back on the streets, we’ll turn that turkey
S:Probably find him in a trash can
H: Sure (smile)
S: Hit the streets, run down a few alleys
H: Bust down few doors
S: Got a few snitches working
H:The guy won’t have a change...

Then Starsky hurts and Hutch hurts with him....

No more words to describe their relationship.

Edited by cabrillokid - 8/10/2005, 14:32

bayforever
icon6  view post Posted on 8/10/2005, 07:07

I totally agree with you, Debby.

You just described one of my fav scenes of all the series. (and thanks for quoting that beautiful dialogue)

That moment when Starsky's so fragile...and he shows his fragility this way only to his partner...

Hutch's voice and smile...are the sweetest...the most loving I've ever seen... You can really see all the love he feels for his friend...

And that joke...talking about how them, only them work well together...their teaming...their unique "me and thee" mode that can survive all the difficulties...

Hutch knows what Starsky needs...talking with him (while he puts a hand on his leg) and the way they continue each other sentences, yes, it's really one of their unique "me and thee" moments, where their hearts and their minds go together...where they know they can make it, trusting each other, and so only Hutch can ease the pain of his buddy....

And you can see so well the intense feelings they have for each other, the unique sweetness of that moment, all their love and understanding, in this screen capture:
(their looks say more than thousand words)

user posted image

wub.gif

Edited by bayforever - 8/10/2005, 08:12

Blueyes
view post Posted on 8/10/2005, 13:11

QUOTE (bayforever @ 8/10/2005, 08:07)
I totally agree with you, Debby.

You just described one of my fav scenes of all the series. (and thanks for quoting that beautiful dialogue)

That moment when Starsky's so fragile...and he shows his fragility this way only to his partner...

Hutch's voice and smile...are the sweetest...the most loving I've ever seen... You can really see all the love he feels for his friend...

And that joke...talking about how them, only them work well together...their teaming...their unique "me and thee" mode that can survive all the difficulties...

Hutch knows what Starsky needs...talking with him (while he puts a hand on his leg) and the way they continue each other sentences, yes, it's really one of their unique "me and thee" moments, where their hearts and their minds go together...where they know they can make it, trusting each other, and so only Hutch can ease the pain of his buddy....

And you can see so well the intense feelings they have for each other, the unique sweetness of that moment, all their love and understanding, in this screen capture:
(their looks say more than thousand words)  

user posted image

wub.gif

This is one of the best moments and David knows how to expresse his feelings like not any actor Iīve never seen. He has something REALLY SPECIAL in his face gestures, specially in his beautiful eyes, that you just can love it after being touched so strongly by his acting. Iīve seen him in this way several times and I just canīt believe it: what has this man in his eyes, in his look, to get something like that?

Itīs really touching to see them in such a tender closed moment when one of them are in a terrible situation and fighting for survive. In that moment they show how deep are their relationship but over all itīs a great moment to remember how it is and what it means: they are just like one, a great team made by the most strong and beutiful feelings they both had to each other. They show to us what itīs really important in life: when you have a TRUTHFUL AND DEEP RELATIONSHIP with anyone you are not definitely lost and you will never be. But I still canīt believe -and so I love so the show- is that is between two young men : who would wait something like that in a world like ours?

Itīs a great idea to make the show by this way, and itīs incredible enough the production decided to do a cop show like this, but itīs more surprising -really MAGIC- to find two men, two actors, that are able to connect so well betwwen them and at the same time with such a real capacity to expresse emotions like they both do. Itīs all a fantastic combination. We talk about always the same but itīs really so great..! As David said: "itīs a love story between two men". Thatīs all: so simple and so incredible by being this way. Itīs TOO MUCH to believe and so we turn and turn...How could they really do it so SPECIAL and in a so natural way? Itīs so simple, so easy, that is hard to beliueve...but itīs TRUE. Just like a dream, a beautiful dream.

Blueyes
icon6  view post Posted on 10/10/2005, 14:50

QUOTE (bayforever @ 3/10/2005, 16:19)
Hi Huggy! It's me again here at the Pits to talk with you and my forum's friends about our guys...

I was thinking...that one of the things that you read more often about "Starsky and Hutch" is that there are so many hurt/comfort scenes... I mean scenes where one of our two heros is hurting (physically or emotionally) and the other one comforts him, providing that comfort, that caring, that love,  that only them, best friends and partners,  can give to each other.

We can see it very well in one of the most beautiful episodes of the series:

"A coffin for Starsky",

where Hutch comforts Starsky, who is in pain, holding him tight in one of the sweetest gesture I've ever seen:

user posted image

And we can see it also in "Gillian", in another of the most wonderful, moving scene: Hutch is desperate, and find comfort in  Starsky's arms: I've never seen something like this on tv:

user posted image

user posted image

I really love hurt/comfort scenes, because in them you can see all the caring that our guys have for each other.

I was wondering, wich are the hurt/comfort scenes in "Starsky & Hutch" that you can remember or that you like most.
And I mean not only those where there is a physical contact, but also those where one comfort the other with words, with a gesture, or maybe also with a joke to ease the pain...

wub.gif

We - just women, really, as I could see in several places- are specially sensitive to love expressions and I think we experienced a great impact with such a scenes like this you have choosed, wich are not few in the show. I donīt know yet if itīs clear the reason is only in their great talent for the dramatic roles or, more than this, their special relationship, which began in the same moment they meet each other. For exemple, in "Gillian", when Paul/St says to D/H that he is the best friend he has in the whole world and hardly can stop the tears, you have the impression he is talking with his "real friend" (David). In the case of David, is the same with his "real" ex, and so itīs such impressive.

I think that most of we -women fan- if not all have a true and high sense of valours that make us so sensitive to this kind of gestures and specially when them are from two young and handsome men. Thatīs natural and very comprensive, but I must say that I never thought it was so general (between women, thatīs right). But the thing really impressive to me is thatīs clear they get make this in a so natural way. They are not only acting with all their dramatic recourses, but they put all their body and soul, which make their work much more than only one acting more. They convert the acting work in a new experience, which is a real love story between each other, on one hand, and in a love story between them and the show spectators, on the other hand -those ones that are opened to receive such a beautiful love experience like they build in the show.

I must say that I have -probably like many women- special care with men love expressions, but we have to admit that itīs not precisely usual to see that, even in our times. Thatīs what I said at the beginning: it seems that only women are able to receive and recognize those things and that is a pain. To me is touching, in a way very difficult to expresse in words, to see a man with a real capacity to expresse feelings, specially without words, and that it isnīt at all because of sex, but in another different sens. Itīs specially touching just because you never wait to see something like that precisely between two young men. So it results that "they have everything": then, what you need more? They revolutionized our vision on masculine sex because they proved what can really do two men that take true care for each other. They gave all their humanity to their characters, and not only for the show, but for the "magic" they discovered or created between their two personalities. It seems that the show meant a real chance to make such a dream come true AND THEY DID IT, with all the consequences.

And after years and years we carry on surprising ourselfs experiencing the same shock everytime we watched them in such situations on the show and we ask ourselfs everytime: "How itīs possible? What a beautiful thing they did and they showed to all who were there to see that great pattern of true friendship and love between two persons! How can these two men show all these love expressions between them?". Two hard young cops who love women like many others but with a very sweet and tender relationship between them both. Thatīs what can surprise us strongly, over the consideration they are like most of men in their relationship with women. The other important thing to considerate is that they are heterosexual and there is no space (even if some people want to think another thing) to believe that this would can be different. Thatīs the other thing that make their relationship surprising and something really difficult to find.

And, of course, how not fall when you are in front those beautiful eyes and smile expressing feelings that over all are REAL AND TRUE? I have weakness for caring and feelings show in a young or old man in all his relationships, but I think for all us that is truly touching when itīs between two heterosexual men because itīs really inusual -so we value it so. They give all that in one moment, in one creation, which make it a great thing.

bayforever
icon6  view post Posted on 12/10/2005, 12:06

Blueyes, you wrote two beautiful messages, and I love to read your heartfelt, touching words...

I think that we don't have to label relationships as heterosexual or homosexual....Love is just love, caring is just caring, we can't classify emotions...

When you have a feeling for a person, you don't think of which name society will give to it, or of wich is the label for your emotions, you just feel it.

What I'm trying to say is that I think that the important thing is that Starsky and Hutch love each other, they care about each other more than everyone else in the world.

And that's why, when one of them hurts, only his pal, his best friend, his partner, the other half of his soul, knows the best way to make him feel better, can give that support, that caring, in that way that is only his,is only theirs, because our two guys are like one, when one hurts, the other hurts in the same way.

wub.gif

Edited by bayforever - 12/10/2005, 13:08

faustob
view post Posted on 12/10/2005, 12:37

Wonderful words!! I don't speak or write English like you,but I want to say that to know a Friend and to grow up,to play (etc.etc..) with him is one of the most beautiful "power" in your life.....I am a Friend of a Friend..a Real Friend! GREAT!!!

the pit
view post Posted on 12/10/2005, 14:49

To read again these words and to think again to the episodes that you have cite, It has touch me so much. Thanks

bayforever
icon6  view post Posted on 24/4/2006, 02:11

Talking about hurt/comfort scenes, one of the episodes I love most is "Shootout", where you can really see all the love and the caring between our two guys.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Please, just click HERE and you'll be able to see several other screen captures I made from this episode!!!

...More coming soon!!!! ;) :wub:

Edited by bayforever - 24/4/2006, 03:16

bayforever
icon6  view post Posted on 27/5/2006, 14:20

I've made many other screen grabs from the "Shootout" ep.

Hutch takes care of his wounded Starsky in such an attentive, sweet, tender, loving way!!!

And his determination in saving him and in staying close to him is so strong!

His soothing words, his loving and worried expressions, his touch, Starsky's hand always searching for him: we can feel so well their emotions, both men's gestures and words are so intense... this episode moves me to my very core each time I see it!!!

ALL THE OTHER SCREEN CAPTURES (MORE THAN 1000!!!) AT THIS LINK:

http://baykina.altervista.org/SHOOTOUT4.html

Edited by bayforever - 27/5/2006, 17:33

the pit
view post Posted on 6/6/2006, 17:37

Thanks bay

10 replies since 3/10/2005, 15:19   3600 views