Bay City's Friends - Il Forum Internazionale degli amici di Paul, David Antonio e di Starsky & Hutch

I and David Soul, When I began to love him

« Older   Newer »
bayforever
icon6  view post Posted on 28/5/2005, 01:02

I watched Starsky and Hutch since I was a little child.
And I watched it again when I was a teenager.
I really liked the show and the actors, even if I didn't know
nothing about them outside the series.
After, a couple of years ago italian public TV
showed some reruns!!!
And I really fell in love with Hutch. :wub: I was charmed by his sweetness,
his eyes, his smile, his body...uhm..by all of him!
The strange thing is that when I was a child I liked more Starsky than
Hutch, perhaps because he is so lovely childish sometimes.
Now I still love Paul Michael Glaser too, but David is in my heart in a
very special way. :wub:
And when the TV stopped running the
series, I began to search on the Internet everything about Starsky
& Hutch and Paul & David and as I discover more things about
David, my love for him grew bigger and bigger!
When I first heard his songs,
I immidiately fell in love with his wonderful, soft, warm, sexy voice!!! :wub:
After, I found some movies and tv series he acted in, and I fell in love again!!! :wub:
He's really an excellent actor..so intense!!!!
I also had the chance, thanks to a very special friend of mine who sent me the tape,
to watch him in "Jerry Springer - The Opera". And I really LOVED his performance in there, too!!
And in a few days I'll be in Newbury to see him in "Mack and Mabel"!!!! :woot:
I've never seen him in reality, and I can't wait!!!
I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!

DAVID, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by bayforever - 8/4/2006, 20:07

bayforever
icon6  view post Posted on 26/7/2005, 11:32

I quote here part of the message that our new friend Blueyes posted in the "Welcome to Bay City" section, at this link: https://www.forumcommunity.net/?t=1455378 because I LOVE what she wrote.

CITAZIONE
The first time I enter here I saw the message of Bayforever and I couldnīt believe that could be my own words. I have a very good memories from "S&H" and my "first love" in the seventies (I was nine years old in 1977 when arrived in Spain) was Paul (against the plurality of my school comrades, that prefered "the blonde"). For 23 years I was waiting for the replace and when I already was accepted it would never returns, catalan TV surprised us in may 2002. Then I was in the worst days of my life (since 2001) and I discovered the sweet and soft look and the tender gestures of David, but it was an slow and reserved process, because for three times (the others in summer 2004 and now) TV3 replace S&H and finally I fell absolutely. After I reserchered for all about I can get of David and in june I could see "The Secret of the Sahara" (I didnīt remember it very well because in 1987 I wasnīt like now) and I see him in his splenderous 44 years and it was just too much. For this last 23 years I just remembered two things: "tomatoe striped" and Hutch in the alley beside the wall with those shinning and desolate eyes when he is found by his friend. Iīve could see now the other sequences of this episode in your webs (TV3 never emited it) and my first reaction was that I couldnīt stop my tears. It was an impact to me. It was almost painful but at the same time very beautiful because it expressed like nothing else so many intensive emotions that itīs impossible to expresse with words. David have a very special look, much more than a beautiful eyes, that in several times turned even hard in a strange way. You can see than thereīs something more than all you just can observe at the surface. As "Ryker" (Secret of Sahara) he seems to have the strong will to give to his face and specially to his eyes all the hardness and the hate he is able to find in his soul. I was never so nterested to "understand" which could be the reasons that are able to create that brutal character. I donīt care about anyother thing: just to undertand him, but this is only because that was his face and not another: the actor war ever over the personage. And when he dies (since the begining you know he is destinated to the hell like it couldnīt be in another way) you can just to deplore it, even over that smile so insidious, only created to distroy any trace of humanity you can see yet in his face). It looks, by the other side, he really enjoys proving how far away he can go by this way. But you are just seeing (and looking for) that sweet and tender eyes of the blonded boy you discovered for the first time you saw him. At the end, he couldnīt never be another but that who was then. And that it meens that heīs simply a great actor, over to have a beutiful angel face and unforgatable blue eyes and special look.

CITAZIONE
 I discovered the sweet and soft look and the tender gestures of David

I can really understand what you mean.

CITAZIONE
and in june I could see "The Secret of the Sahara"

I've seen him in there, too. And I agree with all you said about it. You made e wonderful description of David's performance. You are right, David's acting is brilliant and realistic. (And the man's so gorgeous!) And he gives an incredible humanity to his character. I think that this is the main challenge when you play a badie (that it's often more difficult than play a good one) : to show all the sides of the character's personality, what is behind his wickedness. And our David win the challenge very well.

CITAZIONE
heīs simply a great actor

Yes, he is! And he's a wonderful person, too. Now that I've met him in person (you can read my report here: https://www.forumcommunity.net/?f=194600 ) , I love him more and more!!!

Thank you Blueyes for sharing your feelings with us!

Frenchy
icon3  view post Posted on 16/8/2005, 15:31

Okay, let's talk about David Soul. When I was a kid in the 80's, Starsky&Hutch was broadcast on French TV. I was only ten or eleven, and I don't know why, but I had my first crush for a man, for Hutch. wub.gif At that time, David Soul didn't exist, only Hutch was a real character for me. My mother liked Starsky, and well I wasn't. sad.gif Maybe that was the end of my oedipe complex, I was loving someone my mother didn't like. biggrin.gif

It's difficult to say now what I like more in Hutch. I like his blue eyes, but Starsky got too. In fact I think that what I liked the most in the show was their friendship. I like his adult maner, not like Starsky who was the child in the duo, I liked his smile, and maybe his vulnerability. Sometimes later, David Soul was in France singing a "silly" song. (Sorry, but it wasn't really good). "Amoureux sans bagages" was its tittle: "lovers without lugage" what a program! ( well I bought the 45', silly or not...)Then he played in a movie with an actress I really like, Carrie Fisher. At that time I was a lot more older and I saw the actor, not the character. wub.gif I learnt about his problem with one of his wife mad.gif and lose his track. sad.gif

When the Movie Starsky&Hutch went on screen, I went to see it because I've loved the original. And getting out of it I was angry: Hutch wasn't like that in my memories. sad.gif He was a straight male (nothing sexual but moral) Hutch wasn't a thief, robbing the wallet over a deadman body, Hutch was... I bought the season 1 and suddendly I remembered. wub.gif I see the friendship, the fragility of both characters and I knew what I loved in them and specially why I loved Hutch.

When I learn that David Soul was just across the Chanel, playing at the Cambridge Theater, I went to see him. Just one day travel, just to meet my first crush again. w00t.gif Well, apparently, it still works. wub.gif Nearly thirty years later, nothing have changed. Two month ago I was doing it again, "visiting" Newbury, essencial town to see in England dry.gif , just to watch him playing something else. The more I learn about him, the more I appreciate the man, the mind behind (rare to see an actor who have opinions and thoughfull ! ). David Soul is just a good man, with his weakness, like all of us, but who knows them and deals with them. And I love his songs. The one I prefere is "by the devil" seems autobiographic to me, like it a lot. rolleyes.gif

Blueyes
view post Posted on 20/8/2005, 05:13

HELLO, FRENCHY. I understand you very much. Iīm sure the more I like of David is his vulnerability that he knows like nobody else how to expresse with his glance and his smile His beutiful blue eyes always communicate something and so deep that itīs impossible donīt realize. His glance can be very hard and, in another moment, very soft and even suppliant He says more with his face than he never does with words. I really think he is the better actor Iīve never seen and I will see expressing and communicating with his face. He always surprise you with every new character he play. For me it was his expressive face that made him conquer my heart forever. After see him as Hutch, I couldnīt really see him as Ryker (in The secret of the Sahara): then I only could see the actor working for get a real "bad man" in his characterization. Even over that hard expression that he never leaves. I discovered I was terribly losed with him when he (Ryker) was dying. I loved the man who was behind or inside and I relly didnīt care about the character he was playing all the time. Then for me there was only a human being that I began to love for all the things he showed me throw his personages about himself.

Frenchy
view post Posted on 20/8/2005, 08:52

biggrin.gif
Hi blueeyes, you're damn right about his ability to speak without a word, only by a glance, a leer ou a lure. It's true that he knows how to used the all panoply. There are a lot of times in S&H when you see love in his eyes when is looking at Paul, and I think it's for a good part what made the serie so popular.

About their color, huh.gif I was stund by it when I went to Newbury, I was standing just above him, and every time he looked at the public, I was stund by their color. So damn blue, very deep blue, piercing and soft. All I was able to talk about after the play was his eyes. wub.gif

And you're right about that smile, so nice, communicative and... well he's cute after all !

Frenchy

phillybabe1227
view post Posted on 16/10/2008, 08:53

Actually I became a fan of David before S&H ever aired. I saw him for the first time in 1968 on a show called "Here Come the Brides." While the majority of female America was going gaga over his costar Bobby Sherman, I found myself going gaga and falling hard for David. I was really quite young at the time so I'm not quite sure what it was about him that made me crazy about him.

Years later came "Starsky & Hutch." Now in all honesty, I loved David but I developed a crush on Paul for a while so I loved them about the same until season 3. Maybe it was hormones, I dont know for sure, but suddenly I found myself falling harder for David then I had previously. By season 4, I was completely hooked on him. But even then as a teenager, I wasnt really sure what it was that drew him to me in such a way. All I knew was I was I had this major crush on him. Thus began my "beautiful blond obsession" that surprisingly has grown over the years. I look back and cant believe its been 40 years since I first saw and fell for him.

Looking back I now know why. It wasnt just that he was so damn good looking, there was just something so gentle about his soul that emanated from him into everything he did. I saw a vulnerability that made me want to wrap my arms around him and love him, take care of him, and never let him go for the rest of his life.

I loved his voice. It was and still is the most sensuous I have ever heard. I have lost myself in that voice many times over the years. I have never seen him in person, but those eyes still are bluer than the sky on a beautiful sunny day. His hair when the sun shone on it was like spun silk. His body the color of a wheatfield during a midwestern summer. When he sang - he put so much emotion and feeling into the song that he could make me see and feel what he did. I experienced it with him. His music uniquely him.

I followed his life through ups and downs. Yes, he made mistakes - dont forget he is human too. But he also learned from them. I prayed hard for him during those times. I was so happy and thankful when he was able to put the past behind him.

My love for him has evolved through all the years. It went from a young girls crush to a deeper kind of love. I will love him until the day I die and maybe even beyond, who knows.

As I look at him now so many years later, I still see this gentle and beautiful man and my heart still skips a beat or two. He has evolved too. When I was younger I loved his attractiveness. Now as a woman I love his intelligence, his humor, his smile that could still light up a city, and that gentleness and vulnerability that is still part of him to this day. I could go on, but I think I've said enough for now.

My wish? Is to one day have the privilege of actually meeting him in person and thanking him for all the joy he has brought into my life so far. And I wish for him that the rest of his life be filled with peace, love and much happiness. May the good Lord watch over him always.

Love you, David
Then, now, and forever

bayforever
icon12  view post Posted on 16/10/2008, 13:54

Thank you, phillybabe1227, for sharing with us your feelings and admiration for David! It's cool to know someone who did not start to follow his career from Starsky & Hutch, but from another one of his first works, "Here come the brides". I like it because David has given his talent to so many different works in television, cinema, theatre and radio, and I am really happy to see here so many friends who enjoy so much to see him not only in Starsky and Hutch, but also in many other productions ...and who of course love to listen to his beautiful unique voice and his music!
Please, remember to introduce yourself in our "Welcome to Bay City" area: https://baycitysfriends.forumcommunity.net/?f=194579 and to read our forum's rules: #entry21948427

Edited by bayforever - 17/10/2008, 22:29

misszowie2
view post Posted on 26/10/2009, 00:01

When Starsky and Hutch first aired in 1975 I was 16,and I had blonde hair just like hutch. I liked Starsky and his car,the torino with the white stripe. That car was the muscle car in the 70's. I watched every episode that aired. I was hooked and I still love them till this day.
I wish there is a way I could corrospond with them just to say hi,how are you and become friends or pen pals. I may never get to meet them on this side of heaven, but, maybe I could drop a line. I have seasons 1-4 now and I never plan to sell or get rid of them for anything. Paul is on facebook and I have him on my friends list, I wish I could get on his. I would never harrass nor "bug" them, but I would like to chat with and it would be an honor to call them "my Friends". I would not call it a crush because those childish ways are a thing of the past, friendship, something that can't be bought or sold. Their Privacy would never be compromised by me because I have several close friends whom I talk to face to face and their privates lives are their own,as mine is to me. Sure I would love to sit down and visit with Paul and David and just talk to become friends. I guess that will never happen because I live now in Arkansas and Paul is in California and David I heard lives in England. I was born in Oakland, California and if I had my say that is where I would still be today. But I love those two guys and have been a fan for 34 years. Love Gloria

pomy
view post Posted on 26/10/2009, 20:25

bay puoi tradurre? thanks

bayforever
view post Posted on 8/11/2009, 22:49

Hi Gloria, welcome in our forum! :) I sum up in Italian your message for our friend Robby:

Ciao Robby, scusa se rispondo cosė tardi... :) Allora, Gloria in sintesi ha scritto che segue i nostri David e Paul da quando aveva 16 anni e Starsky & Hutch andō in onda per la prima volta in televisione. Vorrebbe tanto che ci fosse un modo per corrispondere con loro, pių come un'amica che come una fan...Ma pensa che questo sia molto difficile perché lei vive in Arkansas (anche se č nata ad Oakland), mentre Paul vive in California e David a Londra. Comunque ama i nostri David e Paul ed č una fan da ben 34 anni.

9 replies since 28/5/2005, 01:02   772 views