DOUbLe SHOt

Bloody News, Notizie provenienti dal mondo del metal...

« Older   Newer »
Albyrinth
view post Posted on 7/2/2004, 13:05

Allora...il 27 aprile dovrebbe uscire un box celebrativo dedicato ai BLACK SABBATH, intitolato "Black Box: The Complete Original Black Sabbath (1970-1978)", comprendente tutte le ristampe (rimasterizzate, con nuovo booklet ricchi premi e cotillons) del periodo Ozzy. Il box conterra' anche un libro di 80 pagine ed un dvd con alcuni pezzi dal vivo, cover ed interviste a vaire star che sono state influenzate dai Sabbath, ovvero Rob Zombie, James Hetfield, Vince Neil, Krist Novoselic, Melissa Auf Der Maur, Dave Navarro, Billie Joe Armstrong, Slash, Beck, David Lee Roth e Henry Rollins. Il box e' stato supervisionato dalla line-up originale e (ovviamente) anche dall'attuale moglie di Ozzy, Sharon. Prezzo indicativo: sul centinaio di dollari...
Ecco l'artwork del boxset:
user posted image

Albyrinth
view post Posted on 7/2/2004, 13:07

Ecco invece uno stralcio di intervista in cui Ian Gillan spiega i motivi che hanno portato Jon Lord ad andare in pensione, abbandonando i DEEP PURPLE.
Purtroppo non ho il tempo di tradurla...
"Now, how can I say this without in any way undermining the fact that we all adore Jon Lord?" Gillan offered. "He's a monument in our lives, a founding member of DEEP PURPLE and just a really darling guy. I spoke to him just a few days ago ? we send emails regularly and he phones us up in the dressing room, quite frequently, before going onstage. 'What's the set list tonight?' So what I'm about to say, you have to bear that in mind: Jon was getting tired. This is my interpretation. Jon was getting tired because of frustration. Because we are a working band, we're a touring band? this tour we're doing right now started last June in England. And we've been to Brazil and Europe and we're coming to the States now, and we shall finish in December, this coming year. So it's an 18-month-tour, basically. And this is normal for DEEP PURPLE. We take a few weeks off, go and write some songs, go in the studio, take six months off and then go back on the road for a couple of years. That's pretty much how it's been since day one, apart from the usual break-ups and things like that.

"But anyway, Jon was getting tired and frustrated because he couldn't, with this kind of schedule, write his orchestral music, which he'd been dearly wanting to do his entire life, and which he is now doing," Gillan continued. "He is delighted he got the time to do it. And I think, probably, Jon within himself was finding it difficult for that spark of spontaneity that we demand ? that freshness ? and the fact that? I think he just felt a bit knackered, to be honest. This had been a long time coming. It's a difficult decision to sue for divorce and I think, pretty much, that's what he did, in the end. He had been going for a long time. Don, we've known ? all of us ? as a personal friend for years. So when Jon started skipping out, missing a few tours, a few dates here and there, we got Don in as deputy. And so he was completely familiar with all the material and we all knew him personally. And now we have the benefit of new blood. Don is a dynamite musician, wonderful guy and of course he's full of enthusiasm. But I would seriously ask you to remember what I said at the beginning. It's full of love and understanding."

Albyrinth
view post Posted on 7/2/2004, 19:53

RONNIE JAMES DIO, in un'intervista rilasciata alla rivista Classic Rock ha ribadito che, per come stanno le cose attualmente, e' da escludersi una sua reunion con ritchie Blackmore per dare vita di nuovo ai RAINBOW (ricordo che attualmente Blackmore e' impegnato col suo progetto di musica medievaleggiante chiamato "Blackmore's Night" insieme alla moglie Candice). Se n'era gia' parlato nel 2000 ed una major aveva dato la disponibilita' a finanziare il progetto, ma poi non se ne fece niente. Queste le sue parole:
"The opportunities have been there and Ritchie has blown those opportunities, "I don't want to do it anymore. I have no idea where Ritchie's heart is. I just want people to know it's not because of my lack of trying or caring. I did want it to happen, but it's been too many years now. I apologize to the kids. I'd like them to know I tried. At least the music will always be there."

Asked whether it was now up to DIO (the band) to play the RAINBOW classics, he mused, "Absolutely. If it weren't for us, you'd never hear those songs again. We've tried to do the same with BLACK SABBATH."

Edited by Albyrinth - 7/2/2004, 17:33

Albyrinth
view post Posted on 10/2/2004, 02:53

Finalmente rivelati id ettagli sul prossimo box set, intitolato "Metalogy" (come al solito il pacchianismo tallo rulla sovrano... ) dei JUDAS PRIEST. Il box conterra' un libro, un dvd di un concerto dell'82 e 4 dischi, per un totale di 65 brani tra remasters, b-sides ecc.
Ecco la tracklist:
Disc One:

01. Never Satisfied
02. Deceiver
03. Tyrant
04. Victim of Changes (live)
05. Diamonds & Rust (live)
06. Starbreaker (live)
07. Sinner
08. Let Us Prey
09. Dissident Aggressor
10. Exciter
11. Beyond the Realms of Death
12. Better by You Better Than Me
13. Invader
14. Stained Class
15. The Green Manalishi (With the Two Pronged Crown) (live)

Disc Two:

01. Killing Machine
02. Evening Star
03. Take on the World
04. Delivering the Goods
05. Evil Fantasies
06. Hell Bent for Leather
07. Breaking the Law (live)
08. Living After Midnight
09. Rapid Fire
10. Metal Gods
11. Grinder (live)
12. The Rage
13. Heading Out to the Highway
14. Hot Rockin' (live)
15. Trouble Shooter
16. Solar Angels
17. Desert Plains
18. Hellion/Electric Eye (live)
19. Screaming for Vengeance

Disc Three:

01. Riding on the Wind
02. Bloodstone
03. You've Got Another Thing Comin'
04. Devil's Child
05. Freewheel Burning
06. Jawbreaker
07. The Sentinel
08. Love Bites (live)
09. Eat Me Alive
10. Some Heads Are Gonna Roll
11. Rock Hard Ride Free
12. Night Comes Down
13. Turbo Lover
14. Private Property
15. Parental Guidance
16. Out in the Cold
17. Heart of a Lion (demo)

Disc Four:

01. Ram It Down
02. Heavy Metal
03. Come & Get It
04. Blood Red Skies
05. Painkiller
06. Between the Hammer & the Anvil
07. Touch of Evil
08. Metal Meltdown
09. Nightcrawler
10. All Guns Blazing
11. Jugulator
12. Bloodstained
13. Machine Man
14. Feed on Me

Bonus DVD:

01. Hellion/Electric Eye
02. Riding on the Wind
03. Heading Out to the Highway
04. Metal Gods
05. Bloodstone
06. Breaking the Law
07. The Sinner
08. Desert Plains
09. The Ripper
10. Diamonds and Rust
11. Devil's Child
12. Screaming for Vengeance
13. You've Got Another Thing Comin'
14. Victim of Changes
15. Living After Midnight
16. The Green Manalishi (With the Two Pronged Crown)
17. Hell Bent for Leather

conan il barbaro
view post Posted on 11/2/2004, 13:17

QUOTE (Albyrinth @ 10/2/2004, 00:32)
Finalmente rivelati id ettagli sul prossimo box set, intitolato "Metalogy" (come al solito il pacchianismo tallo rulla sovrano... ) dei JUDAS PRIEST. Il box conterra' un libro, un dvd di un concerto dell'82 e 4 dischi, per un totale di 65 brani tra remasters, b-sides ecc.
Ecco la tracklist:
Disc One:

mmmmm....appetitoso ma quanto costerą??

Albyrinth
view post Posted on 11/2/2004, 13:23

Uhm...non saprei...se dovessi sprare una cifra direi sugli 89 euro, piu' o meno...essendo un box per collezionisti le case discografiche sparano sempre prezzucci mica da ridere...

Albyrinth
view post Posted on 12/2/2004, 13:59

Lo so che degli STRATOVARIUS non gliene frega niente a nessuno, ma quando leggo queste news (la parte della merda secondo me e' palesemente inventata) non posso che piegarmi in due dal ridere...

-------------------------------------

STRATOVARIUS Fans Give New Singer Shit (Literally!) - Feb. 11, 2004

STRATOVARIUS mainman Timo Tolkki has posted the following message on the band's official web site:

"The STRATOVARIUS forum has been closed because 2 individuals sent an email to the Finnish police and claimed that STRATOVARIUS supports Nazis. This claim is outright ridiculous and deserves that I tell these 2 idiots: FUCK OFF!!!

"The forum was subjected to a calculated attack by people who wanted the whole site brought down. We are considering legal options against these individuals. There were coordinated posts by Nazi trolls, and minutes after that email was sent to the police claiming STRATOVARIUS supported racial hate speech.

"STRATOVARIUS has never and never will support any form of physical violence. We might break toilets, hotelrooms and occasionally piss to places where you should not piss, but we do not encourage any form of violence to our fellow human beings. We are all part of THE HUMAN RACE.

"Speaking of which that the hate mail has continued to pour in. I have received about 40 handwritten letters of hate mail. [New singer] MissK has received more and the most horrible thing was in the form of a packet that arrived from Brazil. It contained SHIT. Thank you very much indeed from the bottom of our drunken hearts.

"I still haven't found a replacement for Anders Johansson, whom I fired from STRATOVARIUS couple of weeks ago.

"There is one very strong candidate though and when I get her promotional material, I will make the decision. STRATOVARIUS may have a female drummer as well! This lady kicks some serious fucking ass!!

" 'PopKiller' songs are almost ready and I have to tell you that it also kicks some serious motherfucking ASS!! It reminds me at times of PANTERA. But perhaps bit more melodic.

"In about a week I will travel to Germany for rehearsals of Piorno Rock festival.

"Still no word from Kotipelto. I guess he is not coming to rehearsals. I actually met him in Tavastia club where I was enjoying a great fucking band THUNDERSTONE. These guys are absolutely crazy. You know what they do? They have a habit that they call 'Eskimo Kisses'. 2 members of the band rub their testicles against each other. I always wonder, when I see that, why on Earth someone would be doing that.

"But hell yeah, I met Kotipelto and I tried to talk to him, but he just walked away. I must admit I was drunk as a skunk though and could barely talk. Hey, I have been studying Wilhelm Reich, my man!!! You should check anything he wrote, but I have been reading now mainly 'The Sexual Revolution', 'Genitality' and 'The Mass Psychology Of Fascism'.

"Great, great books.

"Well, that's all folks, take care of yourselves.

"In Fucking Metal, Timo Tolkki"

H. P. L.
view post Posted on 12/2/2004, 14:20

If only they would write songs in the way they write speeches... that would be fun! (maybe they do, I never heard them)...

preacher
view post Posted on 12/2/2004, 14:57

QUOTE (Albyrinth @ 12/2/2004, 11:38)
There were coordinated posts by Nazi trolls,

letto questo ho cominciato a pensare a dei nanetti vestiti da SS.....
divertentissimo!

Lexland
view post Posted on 13/2/2004, 04:01

C'č poco da ridere! E' risaputo che i Troll Nazisti sono una triste realtą! Ce n'era uno da Vespa, ieri sera!

judastouch
view post Posted on 13/2/2004, 04:53

C'č poco da ridere! E' risaputo che i Troll Nazisti sono una triste realtą! Ce n'era uno da Vespa, ieri sera!

AH AH AH!

Albyrinth
view post Posted on 23/2/2004, 12:27

La telenovela continua (dovrei forse aprire un topic apposito?).
Ecco cosa ha risposto Timo Tollki sul forum degli stratovarius ad un tipo che gli diceva che una sua canzone era mielosa...
Io continuo a pensare che sia tutto un'operazione di marketing per sottolineare il cambio di stile e di line-up della band...comunque quest'uomo ha bisogno di un grosso aiuto...

"World peace, tolerance to other people's feelings and opinions, systematically refusing to cooperate with EVIL, world without armies, world without hate, love... My eyes have opened finally. These fucking things are just UTOPIA. They can never be achieved. I was once stupid because I honestly, wholeheartedly believed that these things could be achieved and that we human beings could learn from the past and just live in peace. I've got news for you baby, IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. So why not just have good time, you never know when your days are numbered. It could be tomorrow you know! So don't wait ANY MORE! MAKE YOUR LIFE A MASTERPIECE! MAKE A DIFFERENCE!! FUCK EVERYBODY WHO WANTS TO STOP YOU!! ADOLF HITLER IS ALIVE AND WELL IN THE WORLD. I FUCKED HIM LAST NIGHT. WE ARE ALL HITLER AND WE ARE ALL CHRIST. AND HITLER IS WINNING!!"

preacher
view post Posted on 23/2/2004, 19:22

CITAZIONE (Albyrinth @ 7/2/2004, 17:32)
(ricordo che attualmente Blackmore e' impegnato col suo progetto di musica medievaleggiante chiamato "Blackmore's Night" insieme alla moglie Candice).

preferisco ricordare Ritchie da vivo......

Albyrinth
view post Posted on 23/2/2004, 23:42

Mah...all'inizio ci poteva stare...avendolo anche visto dal vivo con questo progetto era un buon modo di vedere un grande chitarrista in un contesto un po' diverso.
Dopo il quarto disco direi che rotto abbastanza i maroni...

Albyrinth
view post Posted on 24/2/2004, 12:58

Il 6 aprile gli ANTHRAX pubblicheranno il loro primo Dvd, intitolato "Music of mass destruction". Il dvd conterra' anche degli extra, tra cui uno special sulla realizzazione della copertina di "We've come for you all" dove partecipera' Alex Ross ed anche un cd audio con lo stesso concerto presente sul dvd.
Ecco la tracklist:
01. What Doesn't Die
02. Got The Time
03. Caught In A Mosh
04. Safe Home
05. Room For One More
06. Antisocial
07. Nobody Knows Anything
08. Belly Of The Beast
09. Inside Out
10. Refuse To Be Denied
11. I Am The Law
12. Only
13. Be All End All
14. Indians
15. Bring The Noise

Bonus Tracks:

16. Fueled
17. Metal Thrashing Mad

E quella del cd...

01. What Doesn't Die
02. Got The Time
03. Caught In A Mosh
04. Safe Home
05. Antisocial
06. Nobody Knows Anything
07. Belly of the Beast
08. Inside Out
09. Refuse To Be Denied
10. I Am The Law
11. Only
12. Fueled
13. Metal Thrashing Mad

La band americana ha comunque finito di suonare tutti i pezzi che finiranno nella raccolta risuonata intitolata (ARGH!) "Metallum Maximus Aeturnus" e completato il video di "What doesn't die": ricordo che il precedente video, "Safe home" vedeva addirittura come special guest Keanu Reeves (piu' o meno... )

1062 replies since 5/1/2004, 19:55   9929 views