DOUbLe SHOt

Bloody News, Notizie provenienti dal mondo del metal...

« Older   Newer »
Albyrinth
view post Posted on 16/1/2004, 22:08

Una notiziola sui QUEENSRYCHE...ovvero che il marzo prossimo uscira' un nuovo dvd (il quarto dopo livecrime, live evolution e building empires) per la band di Seattle. Conterra' varie esibizioni dal vivo e materiale inedito...titolo per adesso "The art of live"

------------------------------

Questa sui NEUROSIS la posto soprattutto per Victor Von doom...

-------------------------------

NEUROSIS Complete Work On New Album - Jan. 15, 2004

NEUROSIS have finished mixing their new album at Electrical Audio studio in Chicago with producer Steve Albini (NIRVANA, BUSH, SOIL).

The yet-untitled album will be released in early summer 2004 on Relapse Records Europe and on Neurot Recordings in other parts of the world. An advance track from the CD will appear on an upcoming Neurot Recordings compilation, to be released with a bonus DVD. More information will be made available soon.

Edited by Albyrinth - 16/1/2004, 19:54

Albyrinth
view post Posted on 17/1/2004, 12:42

DAVE MUSTAINE parla del suo strano incidente al braccio...

-------------------------

DAVE MUSTAINE Talks About His Arm Injury - Jan. 16, 2004

Former MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has posted the following message on the group's official web site:

"My Arm Injury:

"In December of 2001 I was at the La Hacienda Rehabilitation Center in Hunt, Texas. This happened because after the towers were hit, (besides all the other stuff going on at the time internally with MEGADETH) I numbed out, like most of us did. After five years of being sober, I started using pain medication. I lost control and went out to Texas to get cleaned up. While I was sobering up in Texas, on January 7th, 2002, I was sitting up in a chair at the hospital, and I fell asleep with my arm over the back of a chair I was in.

"This cut off the circulation to the radial ulnar nerve, around the humerus, on the inside of my left bicep, compressing it. This is called Saturday Night Palsy. Many claim that I hurt my arm 'shooting up'. People do not inject drugs in the inside of their arm above the elbow, into the bicep, so the shooting up bit is false.

"The Doctor in Texas said that I was probably not going to be able to use my arm any more than 80%, 'if I was lucky'. And he also said I 'would probably not play again'.

"This was not acceptable to me. So I went back from Texas to Scottsdale, Arizona, because I wanted to go to see my doctor, Raj Singh, about my arm. After I got evaluated I returned to Texas to finish my treatment and started off on what took four months of grueling physical therapy at the Spire Institute in Scottsdale with Nathan Koch, acupuncture with Doctor Vance Inouye, chiropractic adjustments from Doctor William Tikey ? the founder of Spire Institute, weight training for over a year, and loads of prayers.

"Dr. Singh pronounced that I had completely recovered and that my arm was 100% healed after that time. Following this good news I started playing again and located a guitar teacher to help my re-learn my craft named Ric Flauding.

"If there could possibly be any better news than this, it was that prior to injuring my arm, I had started to develop damage to my left hand from playing every night for two hours anyway, specifically in the little finger. The nerve injury, the time off from playing, the rehab (both La Ha and the physical therapy), and learning to play again has made me play much better.

"I hope to have something for you to listen to soon, so that you can judge for yourself."

Albyrinth
view post Posted on 19/1/2004, 02:42

Ok, degli STRATOPALLUS non gliene frega niente a nessuno (neanche a me... ), ma questa intervista, la prima sulla nuova line-up, e' qualcosa di assolutamente delirante. Ma pensano che la gente creda a questa serie immonda di palle?????
L'intervista e'...QUI

Albyrinth
view post Posted on 19/1/2004, 22:44

Io ormai mi sto facendo un mucchio di risate...dopo le foto con la tipa insanguinata (postata qualche giorno fa), la falsa intervista di cui ho postato il link qui sopra, gli STRATOVARIUS hanno raggiunto il fondo come pacchianaggine. Tollki si e' messo a rispondere personalmente e messaggi del forum sospettosamente falsi insultando i fan...piu' in basso di cosi'...
Sito Ufficiale

Albyrinth
view post Posted on 21/1/2004, 12:44

Un paio di news veloci...

Gli ANTHRAX stanno registrando uno speciale Greatest hits dove risuoneranno con la nuova produzione e con John Bush alla voce tutti i brani storici.
Il disco si intitolera' (strasic) "Metallum Maximum"...

Gli ARCH ENEMY (per chi non lo sapesse e' il gruppo di Michael Ammott, ex chitarrista dei Carcass e chitarrista dei settantianissimi Spiritual Beggars) saranno in Italia a febbraio, piu' precisamente:
Feb. 21 - Vidia, ITA - Cesena
Feb. 22 - Bergamo, ITA - Motion

Non so se tra voi ci sia qualche chitarrista, ma io posto lo stesso le date del tour del G3, ovvero Joe Satriani, Steve Vai e (sic) Malmsteen...
Mar. 18 - Alcatraz - Milan
Mar. 19 - Tenax Club - Florence
Mar. 20 - Palacisalfa - Rome
Mar. 21 - Club 042 - Venice

UPDATE
Le date per adesso sono state smentite dal management del G3...
-------------------------------------

Uscira' a breve il nuovo disco degli UFO, storica formazione inglese...il sito con i samples del disco e':
QUI

UFO: New Album Samples Available For Download - Jan. 20, 2004

UFO fan site Strangers In The Night has posted MP3 clips of all 12 tracks that are set to appear on the new UFO album, "You Are Here", due in Europe on February 16 through SPV Records (March in the U.S.).

The group's first effort to feature new guitarist Vinnie Moore, "You Are Here" was recorded near Hannover, Germany with producer Tommy Newton (HELLOWEEN, CONCEPTION, VICTORY, ELEGY, ARK, TEN).

The complete track listing for "You Are Here" is as follows:

01. Daylight Goes To Town
02. Black Cold Coffee
03. The Wild One
04. Give It Up
05. Call Me
06. Slipping Away
07. The Spark That Is Us
08. Sympathy
09. Mr. Freeze
10. Jelloman
11. Baby Blue
12. Swallow

UFO's current lineup consists of the following:

Phil Mogg Vocals
Pete Way Bass
Paul Raymond Keyboards/Guitar
Jason Bonham Drums
Vinnie Moore Guitar

Edited by Albyrinth - 21/1/2004, 16:22

Albyrinth
view post Posted on 22/1/2004, 12:57

La live sta incominciando a fornire i primi dettagli riguardanti l'altro festival metal che organizzera' oltre al Gods Of Metal, ovvero il "summer day in hell".
Quest'anno si svolgera' a Padova il 29 giugno e vedra' come headliner i METALLICA. Confermati come gruppo di supporto pure gli SLIPKNOT.

conan il barbaro
view post Posted on 23/1/2004, 20:15

QUOTE (Albyrinth @ 21/1/2004, 10:23)

Non so se tra voi ci sia qualche chitarrista, ma io posto lo stesso le date del tour del G3, ovvero Joe Satriani, Steve Vai e (sic) Malmsteen...

UPDATE

Beh se c'e' la data al Tenax un salto ce lo faccio magari con il buon priccio...dal sic noto che non sei un fan del vecchio Yngwie...che ti ha fatto di male?? Bye bye

Lexland
view post Posted on 23/1/2004, 20:44

Non che gli Stratovarius mi facciano impazzire... Ma quella passerona è DAVVERO la nuova cantante?

preacher
view post Posted on 23/1/2004, 22:05

QUOTE (conan il barbaro @ 23/1/2004, 17:54)
QUOTE (Albyrinth @ 21/1/2004, 10:23)

UPDATE

Beh se c'e' la data al Tenax un salto ce lo faccio magari con il buon priccio...dal sic noto che non sei un fan del vecchio Yngwie...che ti ha fatto di male?? Bye bye

cazzo cazzo cazzo!!!

si va si va si va!!!

Satriani Vai e Malmsteen...... taaaaaaaaaanta roooooba!!!!!!

ma..... di quale mese?

Edited by preacher - 23/1/2004, 19:45

Albyrinth
view post Posted on 23/1/2004, 22:15

QUOTE (Lexland @ 23/1/2004, 18:23)
Non che gli Stratovarius mi facciano impazzire... Ma quella passerona è DAVVERO la nuova cantante?

Pare proprio di si'...anche se visto il clima che gira sul sito degli stratovarius non mi stupirei fosse tutto uno scherzo...tra l'altro dopo 5 giorni il nuovo batterista si e' gia' licenziato...

Albyrinth
view post Posted on 23/1/2004, 22:21

QUOTE (preacher @ 23/1/2004, 19:44)
cazzo cazzo cazzo!!!

si va si va si va!!!

ma..... di quale mese?

Ehm, il "Mar" davanti alle date direi che e' inequivocabile...
comunque le date non sono ancora confermate...

preacher
view post Posted on 23/1/2004, 22:57

QUOTE (Albyrinth @ 23/1/2004, 20:00)
QUOTE (preacher @ 23/1/2004, 19:44)
cazzo cazzo cazzo!!!

si va si va si va!!!

ma..... di quale mese?  

Ehm, il "Mar" davanti alle date direi che e' inequivocabile...
comunque le date non sono ancora confermate...

ehm... ho guardato distrattamente solo la data fiorentina e credevo che il mar. fosse martedì...... l'età incombe........

Albyrinth
view post Posted on 24/1/2004, 19:18

Una volta rappresentavano la violenza nel metal, erano i cattivoni agli occhi della gente...adesso i METALLICA lavorano per la Disney!!!

METALLICA's HETFIELD And ULRICH To Make Their Animation Debut Tonight - Jan. 23, 2004

The new animated comedy series "Disney's Dave the Barbarian", featuring the animation debut of METALLICA's James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich, is scheduled to premiere Friday, January 23 at 5:30 p.m. ET/PT on Disney Channel.

Produced by Walt Disney Television Animation, the series follows the title character's hilarious escapades with his offbeat family ? including his primping older sister Candy and his fierce-yet-tiny younger sister Fang ? as they protect themselves and their kingdom from a world of uproariously odd foes. Complicating matters is brawny Dave's non-barbarian demeanor ? he prefers the finer things in life, like origami and gourmet cooking. But with a combination of Dave's brute strength, his sisters, his diminutive pet dragon Faffy, his magical nagging sword Lula, and the kids' guardian, a curmudgeonly sorcerer named Uncle Oswidge, villains don't stand a chance.

"Disney's Dave the Barbarian" premieres Friday with a five-episode mini-marathon beginning at 5:30 p.m. The series airs regularly on weekends with episodic premieres on Fridays.

James and Lars will appear in a single episode as rogue teenage dragons. Other guest voices include Joan and Melissa Rivers.

Albyrinth
view post Posted on 27/1/2004, 03:17

Una notizia interessante per tutti i Sabbathiani...ricordo che il progetto "8th star" e' un disco che vedeva la collaborazioni di tony Iommi con il grande Glenn Hughes e che non vide mai la luce, se non in forma di bootleg...

Ecco il testo della notizia:
TONY IOMMI To Officially Release 'Eighth Star' Sessions - Jan. 26, 2004

Joe Siegler, webmaster of the BLACK SABBATH fan site www.black-sabbath.com, has issued the following update:

"Monday morning here brings some very welcome news, and something that when I found out about it came as a shock, as I was not expecting this to actually happen, tell you the truth. I got word that [BLACK SABBATH guitarist] Tony Iommi intends on releasing what's commonly known as the 'Eighth Star' bootleg. This material was recorded back in 1996 for what was then to be a Tony Iommi's first official solo album. It was later abandoned for what eventually did become Tony's first official solo album, 'Iommi'.

"The album featured former DEEP PURPLE & BLACK SABBATH singer Glenn Hughes on vocals and bass, former SABBATH & OZZY and current DEEP PURPLE keyboardist Don Airey, and former JUDAS PRIEST drummer Dave Holland on drums. I've heard the album, and I have to say it shows that Iommi can play more than just BLACK SABBATH riffs. There's some great bluesy stuff here, some awesome vocals from Glenn Hughes, and some good heavy stuff, too. Here's some facts about the release of the album.

- Tony will be going in and mixing the album with the intent of releasing it later this year
- No details yet as to a precise release date, other than 'later this year'
- No details as to the final track listing or track order
- No details yet as to what form the release will take (Internet download, a CD, etc)
- The sound of the existing bootleg will be crap compared to the final, finished album.
- No details as to what the actual name of the album will be upon release ('8th Star' is a bootleg name).

"The reason for the track listing comment is that there's one song on the existing bootleg that Tony isn't even on at all! This is a wonderful development, and over the years I've been wishing that Tony would release this album, as I've personally thought it was a wonderful album, and for it never to see the light of day is a crime. Properly cleaned up, I'm sure this album will be widely accepted by Iommi & SABBATH fans everywhere!

"Once I get more details on the release, bet your ass I'll pass them on. If you want to read more about the existing '8th Star' bootleg, you can visit Alexander Rack's bootleg database page for it Here"

Albyrinth
view post Posted on 3/2/2004, 13:02

Non posso non postare la cover del prossimo disco di Udo Dirkschneider, storico leader degli Accept...quest'uomo ha il metallo nel DNA!
user posted image

1062 replies since 5/1/2004, 19:55   9929 views