charmed seaons 1-8 dvd boxset

« Older   Newer »
popular123
view post Posted on 12/9/2009, 09:48 by: popular123

I've read some negative reviews of Season 7 forcharmed dvds, but I have to say it's one of my favorites. After a lot of lighter, more comedic episodes in seasons 5 and 6 of Charmed Seasons 1-8 DVD Box set, Season 7 returned the charmed complete series to the darker glory days of seasons 3 and 4. I loved the story arcs in the season of charmed on dvds, and the writing and direction were dead on. Charmed seasons 1-8 picks up where charmed dvd season 6 ended; adult Chris is dead and Leo can't stop grieving and move on. As his marriage to Piper continues to fall apart he is courted (in rather strange fashion) by Avatars (we saw them in Season 5 in the episode "Sam I Am," where Paige is reunited with her real father, Sam)to change the world and end the struggle between good and evil. Woven into this storyline are Paige's romance with the Avatar-obsessed Agent Brody (Kerr Smith) and Phoebe's romance with Les (Nick Lachey) and her sabbatical to find herself. The Avatar story only lasted half the charmed 1-8 dvd but segued nicely into the rise of Zankou. As Zankour terrorizes the sisters during the final half of the charmed seasons 1-8 in his quest for the Book of Shadows and the Nexus, Phoebe has a romance with an ex-demon and returns to school. Paige decides running magic school isn't for her; she passes the baton to a newly mortal Leo and is thrust into double duty as a witch and a whitelighter. Piper, after nearly dying, tries to rework her marriage to Leo, who gives up his powers to be with his family.

2 replies since 12/9/2009, 09:48   4122 views