Bay City's Friends - Il Forum Internazionale degli amici di Paul, David Antonio e di Starsky & Hutch

David's music: just love it!!!!!!!!

« Older   Newer »
bayforever
icon6  view post Posted on 15/11/2005, 12:50

I'm here listening again to some wonderful David's songs...OMG...and each time it's an amazing exciting experience!!!
I can't have enough of his beautiful unique voice!!! I was listening to "The Jazzman" (from Leave a Light On)...WOW!....what a rhythm...!! And such a great performance by our David!!! ...And "By the Devil I Was Tempted"...can't resist to that one!!! (My personal version is: "By the David I Was Tempted" LOL!) Can't avoid to mention Silver Lady: each time I hear it I found myself dancing shamelessy all around the room!!! ...And Mary's Fancy: OMG for me is one of the greatest David's songs!! ...And of course I love very much also his sweeter and romantic songs, where each time he moves my heart with his warm, sensual, deep, intense voice... aaaaaaaaaahhhh ... (like I Wish I Was and Simple Man, Waking Up Alone) ...So so many beautiful songs...some are really full of real unique emotions, like Our Lives and....ok k...I'd finish mentioning all of them...because I love so much all David's songs, his voice makes them unforgettable... and worth to be heard thousands, million times...

Love,

Laura

wub.gif

Blueyes
view post Posted on 14/12/2005, 00:14

Hi , Bay

As you know, I think Davidīs best perfomance of The Best.. is Bird on a wire and Letīshave a quiet night in... The other good perfomance to me is Topanga though I like more slow and soft songs. David has a soft voice with low tone, so a song like Letīs have...is specially adequate to him. But the more important is the feeling and passion you can appreciate in his perfomances. In this point I think Letīs have... shows that very well. Bird on a wire isnīt an easy song (for the rhythm and high tones) and I think he makes an excellent perfomance. But Seem to miss so much is a very difficult song and I think it isnīt adequate for his kind of voice. He put all his feeling as always but has some problems with low tones. I havenīt heard the other songs, except Thatīs enough for me, which for me is like Letīs have a quiet night in: is the kind of music that allows him to show all the possibilities of his voice.
Glad to share my thoughts with you.

bayforever
icon6  view post Posted on 14/12/2005, 12:45

Hi Blueyes!
Talking about "The Best" album, one of the songs I like most is "It sure brings out the love in your eyes": very good 70's rhythm! biggrin.gif
Yes, you're right, "Seem to miss so much" is a difficult song, but I really love the intensity David brings in it: his voice makes me feel all the emotions in such a strong way....and each time I hear it I'm so moved...David really touches my heart with his performances.
I think that's why I can hear him singing again again and again..... Can't have enough of his beautiful voice!
wub.gif

Edited by bayforever - 14/12/2005, 12:50

bayforever
icon6  view post Posted on 15/1/2007, 22:17

Just few days before Xmas, I was in one of the main bookshops here in London, and I spotted the new edition of "The British Hit Singles and Albums", by The Official UK Chart Company, published by The Guinness World Records Limited:

just have a look inside the book, and you will find out that our David Soul hit the UK charts for 51 weeks with 2 of his Albums, and for 56 weeks with 5 Singles!!!!!!

"David Soul" (1976) was number 2 for 28 weeks
"Don't Give Up On Us" (1976) number ONE for 16 weeks
"Going In With My Eyes Open" (1977) number 2 for 8 Weeks
"Silver Lady" (1977) number ONE for 14 Weeks
"Playing to An Audience Of One" (1977) number 8 for 23 Weeks
"Let's Have a Quiet Night In" (1977) number 8 for 9 Weeks
"It Sure Brings Up The Love In Your Eyes" (1978) number 12 for 9 Weeks"!!!

Really amazing!

THANK YOU, David,for giving so much to the Music and to all of us, with your wonderful talent!

[all info from "The British Hit Singles and Albums", publisher: The Guinness World Records Limited - All info about the book on the Official Website: http://www.bibleofpop.com (click on "The Book") (and if you search in the news archive, you will find our David there, too!)

Edited by bayforever - 15/1/2007, 22:28

bayforever
icon12  view post Posted on 15/11/2008, 07:58

David sang live at the Boogaloo club in London, on the 14th October! He did a great gig with Nikolai Fraiture of The Strokes:

As you know, David has recently been promoting his new album, "Looking back", that includes also a NEW version of Don't give up on us, sung by him with the Cuban hit band Buena Fe.

You can find it in all majore British music stores, like this one:
http://www.zavvi.co.uk/David+Soul+looking+...7/q.r10.1/p.jsf

And our American friends can find buy it from amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Looking-Back-Very-Be...d/dp/B001CV19Y2

:D :wub:

bayforever
view post Posted on 17/9/2009, 15:52

ATTENTION PLEASE! SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

TWO BIG HIT ALBUMS OF OUR DAVID HAVE JUST BEEN RELEASED, ON CD FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!

THE FIRST ONE IS THE LEGENDARY FIRST ALBUM WITH HIS OWN NAME: "DAVID SOUL":
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetail...1;-1&sku=982225

THE SECOND ONE IS THE BEAUTIFUL "PLAYING TO AN AUDIENCE OF ONE":
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetail...;201&sku=982342

WOW!!!
:D :D :D :D :D

Edited by bayforever - 20/9/2009, 12:11

6 replies since 15/11/2005, 12:50   660 views